Monday, March 5, 2012

Unless

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it's not"

I was able to celebrate Dr Seuss' birthday last Friday March 2nd by going to see the late movie of The Lorax.

It was such an adorable movie!!! I was not expecting the random musical numbers, but I loved them, and have been listening and singing along to the soundtrack via spotify ever since.

I should probably mention that I have always had a special place in my heart for the dear old Lorax. As a child I remember watching the old cartoon from the 70's of the book. "I am the Lorax! I speak for the trees!" So when I first saw they were making The Lorax into a full length animated feature film, I got so excited! It rekindled my love. I went out in search for the book to read and re-read. I found it after searching several stores. So, on Friday, during my lunch break I read the book to give myself a refresher on what it was all about.

And in case you have been wondering why I my one day hiatus turned into a 5 day hiatus..

Thursday I think was the day I had a meltdown. It was rough, and I actually was at such a low point that I snapped and checked Facebook.

Friday I worked and jam packed some treat making into my lunch break and went straight from work to a superhero surprise party for a friend and from there went straight to the theater for The Lorax. Then went home and wasn't sleepy but then tried to watch an episode of Downton Abbey and fell asleep.

Saturday, I woke up and cleaned a little bit then got ready and headed to New Orleans to spend some time with my friends, Kay, Heidi, and Tiff. We had lunch at this little restaurant called Capdeville on Capdeville in NOLA. It was really good. Then we walked to The Ogden museum and saw a cool exhibit by Jimmy Descant. It was really cool because he used found objects to make little collages to depict different parts of his life as well as about Louisiana. They were some really neat pieces. Then we went back to Kay's house and me, her and Heidi watched some Project Runway. I then drove home and watched The Rise of the Planet of the Apes with my father.

Sunday I had church. Then after church we ate our Sunday lunch, this week we had Turkey breast, gravy, rice and LeSueur peas (the best canned peas ever). Then we hit the ground running and cleaned the house, wiping all the flat surfaces, because we had a group of the young single adults coming over for a potluck dinner and to view a church broadcast on the BYU channel. Then a few of my peeps from that crew stayed after to continue our Harry Potter movie marathon that we have had going since mid December. We watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix last night. I fell asleep, but that's ok, because that one is probably my least favorite of the series of movies, now don't get me wrong, I love the book, but I just think they could have depicted it better in the movie.

Anywho...

Now here we are today, I am working, and tonight is my Father's birthday. We will be celebrating tonight with steaks, and delicious side dishes. Grammy and Gramps are really coming this time (last time I blogged that they were coming, they ended up both getting sick and not coming).

So, you guys can now see that I haven't had a moment to blog! I even got behind on the photo challenge I am participating in via instagram. It's really cool, and so far, each day I have been able to post some cool pictures. Perhaps I'll share them here in a future post.

Love,

FranklyBecca

No comments: