Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Super Productive

So I have this full time job in a call center. I work nine hour shifts with an hour long lunch break and am tied to my phone the other eight hours of the shift. I never really understood the worth of an hour until I started here and that was pretty much my only time during the day to GTD! (that's GET THINGS DONE!, not gym, tan, dance...?).

Today I was quite pleased with my use of my hour lunch break. I made up a list of supplies I needed to make some more of those crispie rice treats for my Mother's LEAP DAY PARTY! tomorrow. This time I am making them bite sized and using bright colored nonpareils (fancy word for sprinkles). I may take pics, or may not... depending on how creative I feel.

Ok.. back to super productive lunch break. I went to the grocery store to get a lean cuisine for lunch and various and sundry things from my shopping list. I ended up leaving the store with at least a week's worth of lean cuisines (they were 5 for $10!), and my other crap, and only took about 15 minutes! Then I went to the redbox to pick up the movie I reserved there... Hugo. Then I went home, gave my cat food, washed his water bowl and gave him water (I'm sure you wanted to know about the inane details of my life, so here ya go!). Then we put my lunch in the microwave. Today I had one of those Green Giant Steamers, it was broccoli, rice, and cheese and it was quite delicious. While my food was cooking, I put clothes in the laundry, checked the mail... hopeful that my Nordstrom package was in (but it wasn't... it is out for delivery though, my UPS man just doesn't like to come until sundown, but I am always hopeful). THEN, I ate my food because it was ready. And then, I contemplated running to Dollar General to get a few things, but decided I didn't have time because I still had to make my crispie rice treats.

So recap:
  • Grocery shopping
  • Lunch
  • Pet Care
  • Making Crispie Rice treats
  • + random other tasks
I think I did a good job jamming a lot of tasks into an hour and I am super proud of myself.

Love,

FranklyBecca

p.s. sorry no pics today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

um, wow. I need to reevaluate my time. Errands take me foreveeer.

FranklyBecca said...

Well, I also hate shopping alone so I tend to run around the store throwing everything I need into my arms and getting out as soon as possible.

I have done wal-mart runs in 15 min before.