Monday, April 2, 2012

The Lion King

The other day I blogged about how I got to go see the Broadway production of The Lion King on one of my other blogs. That I really should probably shut down because I am not using it.

Anyway I will not feature what I wrote here:

Last night I had the opportunity to go see the Broadway production of The Lion King at the Mahalia Jackson Theater in New Orleans. It was amazing! I honestly did not realize until about an hour before the show that it was a Disney production and that most of the music used in the musical was the music from the cartoon version. There were many times that I just wanted to stand up and sing along with Simba, Nala, and the rest of the crew. The costumes were amazing. I was so impressed by the sets as well, and the use of puppetry.

I am happy to say that me and The Lion King have come full circle. I went to see it as a kid when it was originally released in theaters. I loved it then. I then watched it over and over again when it came out to VHS (does anyone even still remember those?). Then it was locked away in the "vault" and re-released to DVD when I was in high school. I had to have it then. As many of you probably remember the "two week" release of The Lion King 3D in theaters to precede the blu-ray release. I have seen The Lion King in both of those formats as well. And of course the production at Disney World. And finally, the Broadway musical.

I must say that The Lion King is one of my absolute favorite Disney movies. I sometimes wonder if I originally became a Lion King fan because Jonathan Taylor Thomas (anyone remember him?) played young Simba. I as a kid had the BIGGEST crush on him. It wasn't until I was older that I realized that JTT wasn't the singing voice of Simba, but that's O.K. I do love The Lion King though, in all it's forms. It helps me to reminisce on my childhood. In fact last night at the show I snuck in some smarties. One of my favorite candies as a kid. I adamantly believed that eating them would make me smarter.

 Hope you all enjoyed that!

Love,
FranklyBecca

No comments: