Saturday, February 25, 2012

no facebook + day off =

Me, Becca, making sweet treats all day.

Well, not all day, but most of it. I got a full weekend off this weekend so how did I spend my morning? Sleeping in of course! My internal clock tried to tell it me was ready to get up at 7:22 am, I said no. I slept until 9-ish. Then I laid around deciding when I should take a shower. I knew I was meeting my friend for lunch at 11. Snitch the cat came in (oh he has a facebook page.. not sure of the link, and I'm not getting on facebook so I can't share it with you. Sorry! but it's Snitch the Ferocious Cat if you want to go on there and become a fan of his). Anyway, he cried while I took a shower. Then followed me to my room afterward and he took a nap.

Me and Ang went to lunch at Lee's the adorable 50's diner in town. They have the best spaghetti if you can believe it. That's what I had for lunch.

After lunch I went to Target to get the baking supplies I was lacking. I knew I was going to make mini cupcakes and crispie rice treats (no copyright infringements). So I got the stuff I needed for my treats and headed home. As soon as I got home I got to baking. I thought I only had one mini cupcake pan and was going to bake 3 batches back to back, until my father came home and told me that he had 2 others on top of the one that was my pan. So I ended up still kind of doing 3 back to back batches but the last batch cooked some with the second. Anywho... While batch 2 was baking I got to making my crispie rice treats. Father swooped in and started to take over that task until it was time to smoosh them in the pan. This was our dialogue:

Father: You need to spray your hands or cover them in butter to smoosh this down flat so the crispies don't stick to you.
Me: I was just going to use plastic wrap
Father: Oh, that works too.

Now for some gratuitous un-photoshop edited photos
Forgive me for forgetting a pic of iced cupcakes... they looked average. probably a bit like this:
only no sprinkles. and light yellow icing. just envision it.

Now for the crispie rice treats!
The we did something special... (that is vanilla flavored Candy-Quick that I bought at Target)
PLUS SPRINKLES!
I'm obsessed with these sprinkles... I got them at Target in their easter section. They always have the best holiday sprinkles. I pretty much normally hoard them.

And because I am always being asked how I make my butter cream icing this is what goes in it. (the butter is softened by the way.)
Don't ask for a recipe, I don't have one. I just mix it up to consistency. However for the batch I made today I used that whole bag of sugar, the whole stick of butter, maybe half of that water and a capful of the almond extract.

Hope you enjoyed! and that my pics don't send you in to a sugar coma :)

Love,
FranklyBecca

No comments: