Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Woman in Black: A Review

Let me preface this by saying that I am by no means a movie fanatic, so my review basically should mean absolutely nothing to you except for the sheer entertainment value that it will produce.

So let's get this started. Last night I went to the movie with my friend, and co-worker, Blaise. I was his beard last night as he is gay and we went on a date. We went stag, but we called it a "date" (tongue in cheek).

So I met him at the theater and apparently while I was driving there he called and said something about the movie being riddled with prostitots. I had to ask him what that is, but you can probs figure it out.

So, We went to the theater to see 'The Woman in Black' starring Harry Potter, or Daniel Radcliff, whatever you want to call him. It was really weird when the movie started to get used to him playing another character but I got over that quick. The movie was a little frightening because this ghostly woman in black kept making random appearances at unexpected times (as shown in the gif above -- p.s. not a spoiler b/c if you watch the trailer you would see this exact scene!). I mean the movie was good, I'm no expert, but I'd say it was well made. Just a tad bit predictable though if you were to ask me. One of my favorite things about this movie though was the fact that there were long bits of time where Arthur Kipps/Harry Potter/Daniel Radcliff would be on his own, interacting with himself and quite possibly responding to noises heard in the haunted mansion, but there would be no dialogue.

Anyway, if you want to see this movie, I say go for it!

p.s. but the ending kind of sucked.



Hope you enjoyed my non-review movie review!

Love,

FranklyBecca

No comments: